FAQ - C&D Independent Speech & Language Therapy
page,page-id-15564,page-template-default,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,qode-title-hidden,hide_top_bar_on_mobile_header,qode-theme-ver-9.5,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-4.12,vc_responsive


How do I know my therapist is registered?

This can be confirmed by visiting the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) website and searching for the name of your therapist. All practicing therapists must be registered with the HCPC. Click on the HCPC logo at the bottom of the page to be directed to the HCPC website.

Can I still see an independent therapist whilst seeing an NHS therapist?

Yes, but please ensure you let us and your NHS therapist know of each other’s involvement so that we can work collaboratively.

How do I pay for my child's therapy?

Payment is taken via electronic bank transfer. Invoices are raised at the end of each calendar month.

As a school, can we employ your services?

Yes. We are able to see children in schools for assessments, individual and group therapy. We can provide packages of intervention specific to your requirements. It is important that the NHS services are aware of our independent involvement.

Is private/independent speech and language therapy better than NHS therapy?

NHS and independent therapist’s skills should be comparable as all clinicians hold equivalent qualifications and are bound by the same clinical guidelines. However, the benefit of independent therapy is reduced waiting times and an increased regularity of appointments at a time and location that is convenient to the client.

HCPC Registered